Seven projects were selected to take part in Nordic distribution lab April 16-18 2018.
The latest films by Hlynur Pálmason, Eskil Vogt, Rojda Sekersöz were among seven projects selected for Nordisk Film & TV Fond’s Nordic distribution lab in Helsinki.
All projects slated for the Nordic Distribution Boost were second/third features in development or production, produced by established companies. The production/distribution teams of the selected projects were able to hone their skills in marketing and distribution in neighbouring Nordic countries, thanks to personal mentoring from industry experts Miira Paasilinna (Yellow Affair), Jan Naszewski (New Europe Film Sales) and Freddy Neumann (Neumann PR & Strategic Communication).
They also attended case studies of the films Borg vs McEnroe and Winter Brothers.
Petri Kemppinen, CEO at Nordisk Film & TV Fond said before the workshop: “We received a wide range of quality projects by well-known production companies, with major pan-Nordic distributors and smaller scale players attached. On the second day of the workshop we are also offering other distribution companies not associated with these projects, a chance to be on spot and present themselves. Our aim is to have a fruitful dialogue, in addition to looking at the recent cross-border performances of Nordic films."
The complete list of projects were the following:
- Valhalla by Fenar Ahmad (Denmark). Produced by Profile Pictures, distributed by Nordisk Film.
- Memory of Water by Saara Saarela (Finland) Produced by Bufo, distributed by B-Plan.
- A White, White Day by Hlynur Pálmason (Iceland) produced by Join Motion Pictures, distributed by Sena.
- Beware of Children by Dag Johan Haugerud (Norway) produced by Motlys, distributed by Arthaus.
- The Innocents by Eskil Vogt (Norway) produced by Mer Film, distributed by Mer Filmdistribusjon.
- My Life as a Comedian by Rojda Sekersöz (Sweden) produced by Anagram Sweden, distributed by SF Studios.
- Psychosis in Stockholm by Maria Bäck (Sweden) produced by Garagefilm International, distributed by TriArt.