NT21 Online 8-9 September. Save the dates!
Nordic Talents 2021
A Nordic network is essential for the industry - Nordic Talents is the place to meet!
Nordic Talents is an important platform for talent scouting and networking across the Nordics. Within an informal and including atmosphere Nordic Talents builds bridges between upcoming talents and established audiovisual professionals.
When: 8-9 September 2021
Pitch Competition for Nordic graduation students
Why should you apply: Don’t miss the opportunity to kick-start your career by pitching your new project to a professional jury and key-decision makers during Nordic Talents. 15 projects will be selected to pitch and compete for our two development funding awards of NOK 250,000 and NOK 50,000!
Who can apply:
• Nordic film- or TV students (writers, directors, producers etc.) graduating with a BA- or MA degree during the period August 2020-June 2021.
• We require that the applicant graduates with a film or visual production.
• Applicants may apply alone, or in teams of two as long as both have graduated during the eligible period and are involved in the project.
Conditions to apply:
• Max 2 applications pr. applicant/team.
• The project must be in development.
• The application and all written info must be submitted in English. Graduation films with English subtitles.
• If selected, we require that the applicant is able to clear the rights/give permission so we can screen the graduation film on our Vimeo showcase in connection with the event. Only registered participants will have access to the showcase.
• If selected, it is mandatory to attend both a two-day online pitch training prior to the event (30-31 Aug.) and the online event (8-9 Sept.).
What type of projects are eligible:
• Feature length films (fiction, documentary, animation, hybrid)
• Drama/web-series (fiction, documentary, animation, hybrid)
How and when to apply:
• We will announce the call for applications in due time before the application period.
• The online application form opens on our website 11 May.
• Deadline to apply is 1 June 13:00 CEST.
Among the Nordic schools we accept applicants from are: The National Film School of Denmark, The Animation Workshop (Animation, Graphic Storytelling), ELO Helsinki Film School, Tampere University of Applied Science (Film production), Turku University of Applied Science (Film and Animation), ARCADA University of Applied Science (Film), The Norwegian Film School, Westerdals (Film & TV), INN University - TV Skolen (TV-regi), Volda University College (Animation and Documentary), Nordland kunst- og filmfagskole (BA moving images), Stockholm University of the Arts, HDK Valand.
Nordic students graduating outside the Nordics are also welcome to apply.
What happens during Nordic Talents online
• A Pitch Competition for Nordic graduation students
• A Producers’ Pitch
• A Vimeo Showcase with graduation films of the talents who pitch
• Networking opportunities, case studies etc. (details TBA)
• Award Ceremony
This is the 21st edition of Nordic Talents! Since the start in 2001 many gifted graduation students have presented their projects on stage. Celebrated Nordic filmmakers who won prizes at Nordic Talents include Milad Alami, Maria Bäck, Gustav Möller, Hlynur Pálmason, Marja Pyykkö, and May el-Toukhy among others.
Jury and Awards
The jury will consist of five acclaimed industry professionals. The jury selects the winners and hand out two prizes - The Nordic Talents Pitch prize (NOK 250,000) and The Nordic Talents Special Mention (NOK 50,000). Both prizes are development funding given by Nordisk Film & TV Fond.
Who can attend the event
• Newly graduated Nordic film/TV BA- or MA students.
• Next year’s graduation students can attend as observers.
• Nordic industry professionals like producers, financiers, distributors etc. who are looking for new talent and networking opportunities.
All applicants will be notified by the end of June.
Participant's registration opens mid June.
The program will be held in English.